Sunday, June 29, 2008

Daniel's Summit Getaway!


We just want to thank my parents and family f0r such an awesome family getaway. Bub, Hailey and I got together with my family in Heber and headed to one of our families favorite spots to get away from the world-Daniel's Summit Lodge. It was a two day trip filled with fun. When we arrived we went four-wheeling on the trails where we were surrounded by beautiful wildflowers. That night we went swimming and hot tubing. Then the boys all went to bed while the girls watched a chick-flick. The next morning we went to the stables and played with the horses while some were being saddled up to ride on.
Hailey loves horses! I thought being up close and personal would scare her a little bit but as you can tell, that was not the case. We had to watch her close as she was giving hugs and kisses to all the horses. I kept on telling her, "Hailey be careful." She just told me, " Mom don't worry they love me."
A view from the horses side. Look close and you can see Hailey in the reflection of the horses eye!
This was Eliza's first time riding. She was a little nervous but came back from the two hour ride a pro. Her horse ended up jumping over a small creek and the screams were amazing!
Hailey loves her Grandpa!

While Bub, Bruce, Sam, and Eliza went on their horseback adventure, Hailey, Grandma, and I went on our own ATV adventure. We went on one of the trails that was 23 miles. As we started to get to the summit the trail turned horrible, it was full of huge rocks and we could only go 2 miles/hr. Definitely not like how we remembered from the winter when we came snowmobiling. We figured that the trail had to get better so we continued for 20 min. Then we found some other people on ATV's and they told us that we only had gone 7 of the 23 miles. We decided that we would turn back. That is when Hailey fell asleep. I love that Hailey is not scared of anything and can really fall asleep anywhere. I ended up holding her in one arm as I drove with the other arm. Anyway, we ended up having a 14 mile trip, getting sunburned, and we were surrounded by beauty. It was great! This picture of Hailey was on the trail when we stooped for a break. Thank you Wilson's for such a great time, love you all!

3 comments:

Katy said...

I love the reflection of Hailey in the horse's eye...awesome picture. It looks like you guys had fun!! Hailey has always been so good at napping whenever, I wish Ellie was the same!!

Jennie Z said...

What a great family trip! That is awesome that Hailey can fall asleep anywhere. Even more awesome that she still naps for you. You have no idea how lucky you are!!!!! I would love it if my kids would still nap!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

fun times! you have been tagged, refer to my blog!