Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh, what have I done!

Bub went camping with the Young men this last weekend to Bear Lake so my brothers decided to come up to Logan to stay with me and Hailey. We went to 30 min. of the rodeo and then left after we decided that we might die. After the rodeo had started a really bad rain and lightning storm had started. We sat through it thinking it was kind of fun until the rodeo announcer started cutting out due to the lightning and then it got really uncomfortable. We realized we were all sitting on metal bleachers and that if lightning hit one of us we would all get zapped. So we started home. This is a picture of us dripping wet, I mean soaked to the bone by the time we reached my apartment. It was kind of fun though. I love rain storms!!!

Hailey rock climbing! She saw Bruce and Sam climbing at the gym and had to try the real deal. Bruce and Sam keep on reminding me that if she starts climbing now, she could be a pro. by the time she is 13 years old!!!
We went to Tony's Grove up Logan Canyon. It was amazing and soooo beautiful!!! The water was crisp blue and we walked on the mile trail that surrounds the natural lake. I love being in the mountains.
Oh boy, what have I done! Let me tell you the story. So, I reserved a copy of the new vampire book, Breaking Dawn at Hastings. They said that I could come and get it at 10-12pm. I showed up at 10pm and found out that was just when the party started. Yeah, it was kind of weird. There were girls dressed up in prom dressing looking like vampires and all sorts of weird stuff. Anyway, the books were not going to be given out until midnight. I had to work early the next morning and decided to just go home and then come back in two hours. I came home and told Bub the situation and guess what? He sent me to bed and he took Hailey to Hastings at midnight and waited in line for 1hr. for my vampire book. What a sweetheart! To top it off, Bub has been coming with me on my photo shoots and doing my lighting for me. I love it when he comes, we have a lot of fun together. Anyway, he has been really sweet lately, so I did it, I gave in. My hubby now has an XBOX. Just before we walked in the door with the XBOX I stopped Bub and told him, " Now remember, you love Hailey and me more than the XBOX, right? So wish me luck, I hope we did not just buy a widow maker!

7 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

wow, you are a nice wife!!!! i dont think that i would ever be that giving. he will still be a good helper once the newness is over! no, this is great. aaron even said the other day he would like to play again....maybe they can play and we can go shop!!??!

Katy said...

OH NO!!! You totally caved!! Dan will be so jealous, he sold his old one a couple of years ago, and he wants to get a new one so bad!! I'm pushing for a Wii though...

Jennie Z said...

You are a nice wife! I am glad Alan isn't into all that, so I don't have to fight that battle. Bub's a good guy and I'm sure he'll follow your rules!!! (Ha Ha Ha) Remind him that he has his reputation of the "Golden Boy" to live up to. Good Luck with your new book. I haven't got a copy yet. I need to get on that!

Glad you didn't get struck by lightning. I am not sure what is more dangerous- sitting on metal bleachers in a lightning storm or letting Hailey rockclimb?? You guys are definitely thrill seekers!

gibandshi said...

Wow, I am glad you guys made it out ok! you have been taking a lot of pictures lately (I looked at your photo blog)they look great!

G Bruce Wilson said...

WHAT!?!?! AN XBOX! you have to bring it down next time you come! Well, the guys at work and I shun the vampire books! we have discussions about them so I donno if I should be excited for you or not....but i'm glad you got ur copy:D

G Bruce Wilson said...

SO she'd be pro way before that! SHe would be world champion! Then when climbing is an olympic sport in 2016 she'll do that too?????.....maybe

Jonny and Amber said...

That was nice of Bub to get your book for you. There must be something wrong with me because I just can't get into those books. I hope Bub likes playing XBOX now because once school starts he won't be playing. Are you applying to Creighton? I can't believe how old your brothers are. They are cute boys.