Thursday, August 9, 2012

Utah Summers are the Best

 The girls have been doing swimming lessons just down the street from my Mom's home. 
 They are little fish and love to swim.  Hailey has been doing lap swimming and Mia learned to jump off the diving board and swim to the side.

 There is a cute little pond in Cedar Hills. Hailey and Bruce have been fishing there a lot lately while Mia dances on the grass.



 She did it- she caught a little fishy.
 Grandpa Tom graduated with his Masters. Yeah!


 The future graduate.
 We had a girls night out with some great friends (Addy and her kiddos and Maren) and we went to the Shedaisy concert. 
 It was so cute to watch the girls as they waited and waited for the concert to start.  They were so excited.


 We went to SLC one Sunday morning to attend Music and the Spoken Word.  Bub got to go into the real show with his family and I went with the girls to the "big movie theater" and watched the show there.  Then we gave ourselves a little tour around Temple Square.  It was so beautiful.

 Bear Lake Familiy Reunion 2012






 Mia and Hailey caught a "pet" dragon fly.


 While we were in Bear Lake it was Raspberry Days.  We thought going to the rodeo would be awesome, and it was.



 Mia got to go out in the arena and chase after chickens. When the chicken chasing was done all the kids went back to their parents.  I was waving my arms and yelling to Mia but she couldn't hear me.  Turns out she was left, the last kid in the middle of the area just looking around at the stand full of people.  So I had to jump the fence and run out and get her.  When I got to her she said. " Mom I'm still trying to catch chickens but I don't see any."  Haha that girl make me laugh.  In case anyone ever wondered, the dirt in the area is amazingly soft and fluffy.

 Hailey got to go in the area and chase some calf's.  The calf's had money tied to their tails for the kids to grab.
 Hailey did an awesome job!  She caught the calf and pet it and hugged it and hugged it some more.  Then the timer went off and she never grabbed the money from the tail.  Woops.  She was in heaven though.


 Pinata time with the Wallentine's.
 We love going to Bear Lake.  I started going with Bub to these family reunions when I was 17 and now we get to go with our two girls.  I LOVE IT!

On our way back home we decided to stop at one of our favorite places, Tony's Grove in Logan Canyon.  Bub and I all week kept on saying, "Wow, we are so blessed.   We have a good life."  I am so grateful for all of the blessings in our lives.

1 comment:

Darin and Shannon said...

what a fun summer. Utah is the best in the summer! We need to hang out and make some gluten free goodness!