Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Family Time on Easter Sunday!

This was the best Easter our family has every had. We got to spend a lot of time together. We learned how we strengthen each other when someone is feeling down. We have been able to share our testimonies and our deepest thoughts with one another and have grown closer together as a family. Easter dinner would not be the same if everyone wasn't present. So, we took our dinner to the hospital and ate with our Dad. It was awesome!
Some updates on my Dad:
My Dad is being discharged today and coming home from the hospital. Yeahhh!!! We are so excited to get to have him home again. He has had a great appetite and has been keeping his nurses busy walking him multiple times a day. We all knew that this situation would not keep my Dad down for long, he is an athlete, a fighter, a Wilson, and our Dad. The plan now is to come home and to continue recovering from surgery. Then the first week of April he starts his radiation and chemo treatments.
Again thank you all for your prayers and support. This is going to be a long hard process for my Dad and our family but we feel comfort with everyone's prayers. We could not ask for better family, friend, and neighbors.

4 comments:

Katy said...

Danielle, I'm glad you all got the chance to spend time together as a family...I think it is pretty cool that you took it to the hospital!! I'm glad your Dad gets to go home, recovery seems to be better when you are around those you love!

Gowdies said...

I am so glad the surgery went well. It sounds like you have a positive outlook on everything. You're an example to many people. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Haley looks adorable in her easter dress! And your sister has grown up sooo much - oh my gosh. How fun. Talk to you soon.

Gowdies said...

By the way, Ryan just thought it would be cool to spell our name gowdies instead of gowdy's.

Jessica said...

Danielle, I loved reading your blog and seeing the beautiful pictures of your family. I think it is neat that you are all relying on the Lord and staying close to each other. Keep sending the updates!