Thursday, April 24, 2008

Artist Anyone?


Hailey has been painting a lot lately. We both love it, it keeps her busily engaged and I guess when she gets board of paper paintings she is creative and expresses it on her body. Hopefully this is the only form of body art she will have:) When I walked into the kitchen she said, "Mom don't get mad I painted with the colors of the wind. (Yep she took that line from Pocahontas. For those of you who don't know Hailey is Pocahontas and has been for about two weeks. The latest Pocahontas episode happened at my parents home. Hailey was watching a movie and Bub went to check on her. He looked around to find her on top of my brothers punching bag just crouched like a gargoyle (sorry I don't know how to spell that). When Bub asked her what she was doing she stood on top of the punching bag with her head an inch from the ceiling and jumped with her arms behind her while looking up at the ceiling and fell onto a lovesac. She was pretending to be Pocahontas jumping off of the cliff into the water just like on the movie.
On Sunday we were going for a family drive when Bub and I started listening in on Hailey's conversation to herself. By the way we love doing this, she says the funniest things. But this time we were amazed to find that she was talking about Joseph Smith. We decided that the lesson in sunbeams must of been about Joseph Smith that day. Well, as we continued to listen we heard her say, "I love you Joseph Smith." Awe, so cute were my feelings until they were interrupted by, "I love you to Pocahontas!" Then the light dawned, she wasn't talking about Joseph Smith, she was talking about John Smith.

6 comments:

Katy said...

I love the picture!! Hailey is so funny, and I love that she is Pochahontas, Ellie liked that movie too!!

Jennie Z said...

How FUNNY! I am really laughing right now. I didn't know she was so into Pocahontas. It is such a fun stage when they start to roll play. Max still thinks he is a firefighter and likes to play stop drop and roll. Give Pocahontas a big hug for us!

Brooke said...

Awwww...I need to see you guys! That girl cracks me up! Congrats on your new title...and way to go to your dad. I seriously have never heard of a more positive, upbeat man. Send him our love!

The Bradley Family said...

She is just such a cutie!

Samuel Wilson said...

lol I love It!!! that little girl is so funny!!! hahaha I hope all is well!!! hope to see all of you soon!!! I love you guys to death!

Gowdies said...

So fun! I love how imaginative she is. That is the first picture that I thought she looked like Bub! So cute!