Saturday, April 5, 2008

Family!

I love this picture! Very few things come close to the importance of the family unit. I love my family! The First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles proclaim that "The Family" is ordained of God. With this knowledge, we know that the plan of happiness allows family relationships to be continued throughout eternity. In the Proclamation to the World, we are told that part of Heavenly Fathers plan is for his children ( all of us ) to gain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize our divine destiny as an heir of eternal life. Thus, gaining earthly experiences are a beautiful and precious thing. I hope that we can all remember this as we experience success as well as hardships and trails in our lives.

At first I did not notice the framed picture of my family in the background. That is our family eight years ago. Eight years ago we gained earthly experiences day to day that strengthened (whether it be hard or simple) our character, our knowledge, and our testimonies. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for his wisdom in knowing that our experiences difficult/simple & easy are for our own good. I learned today that we should look on past experiences with gratitude, knowing that our Father in Heaven has been polishing us. We can know with conviction that we have not been left alone. Today, we can be determined to move forward and meet our earthly experiences with faith and determination as we endure to the end while keeping His commandments we can be assured of exaltation!

6 comments:

Gowdies said...

Danielle, you are very brave! Don't you hate how we learn our greatest lessons through some of the hardest times? Keep being strong! You're a great example.

Shelly & Danny said...

Bub and Nel. Its danny. I was blog stalking this morning and saw your latest posts on papa dan wilson. I love you guys and your dad will be in my thoughts and prayers. Let him know I said hi and I was thinking about him. When I find out what week we are going to bear lake This summer I will let you know. Be nice to see u all and let u meet our chunky girl, jaba the hutt, marley.

Its amazing that I work most of my day in front of a computer and it takes me getting an iPhone to start stalking your blog.
wish you all the best my friends....

Danny

Jennie Z said...

Thanks for the uplifting message. It's great to hear your positive attitude!

Samuel Wilson said...

Danielle! your an inspiration! thanks so much for all that you do! I love you to death and your family!! I dont know how we would get by if you guys where not as strong as you are!! thanks so much!!!
I love you !!

sam

Katy said...

Danielle, you are amazing!! I can't even think about your Dad's situation without crying, but you are definitely helping me with my testimony on the plan of salvation.

Brooke said...

Beautifully said, and SO true! You are a special family and I know that you will work together to get through this. PS I cannot believe how BIG your brothers and your sister are...when did they grow up??? :)