Monday, September 12, 2011

Cancun, Mexico

Bub and I are about to celebrate our 8th Anniversary. We decided to take a trip, (by ourselves) to Cancun, Mexico. This was our first trip like this and it was sooooooo fun! We saw so many amazing things that I knew existed but just in books. We got to see them in real life-it was awesome!

We went and visited some ruins, which were amazing. Really, it was a testimony builder for Bub and I both.

I took this picture laying down my beach chair next to Bub! It was paradise!
This picture was also from my Beach Chair.
Our Room is somewhere around there.
It was hard to take pictures because it was humid and my camera kept on fogging up:( But I have great memories!
We went to the market in Playa de Carmen-it was awesome!
I found these cute dresses for my girls!
Yummy drinks-Virgin of course!
We went to this awesome park called Xcaret, we saw tons of wild life, went snorkeling in underground rivers and swam with ocean fish. We had so much fun!

At Xcaret, there was a cool butterfly garden. Butterflies were all over the place- it was fun but a little hard to walk through. We were scared we would step on the butterflies.
This picture has part of the river that you float down and snorkel behind us-it was one of our favorite things.

This is the entrance to the underground river- I was so scared. I spent a long time on those stairs before I decided I would actually go in all the way.
We just finished our Snorkel trip-so fun! We were swimming with crazy ocean fish!

There are a bunch of sink holes in Cancun that people jump into and swim in.
This is a picture of the sink hole (sonote) we went to. It is so scary! I made Bub jump in and wait for me while I jumped in. I think I was in the water for about 1 min. I was in and out-it was much more fun just to look at everyone else do it:)
Bub found an awesome Taco Stand-he was so happy!
This was an experience of our life time I will never forget! Thanks babe for bringing me- we had so much fun! Hopefully someday we will get to do this again. Thanks to my family for watching the girls so we could go on this trip!

2 comments:

tere said...

It looked like fun. I always wanted my kids to see the ruins - a couple more to go.
You guys should try get away on mini vacations. Just let me know. I'd love to watch the girlies.

Kristen said...

Wow Danielle what a FUN TRIP! The sink hole looked awesome!!