Friday, September 18, 2009

$GAS$

I was collecting some garbage from my car while filling it up with gas when I started to hear gas dripping on the cement. All I could think about was, "Oh no, there goes my money!" I hurried over to the gas hose and pulled it out of my car and gas continued to shoot out of the hose at full blast. I thought maybe the handle was stuck, so I squeezed the handle but the handle was completely loose. I pushed every button I could see to get the gas to stop coming out of the hose but on and on it came. A very nice guy was on his way back to his car when he heard me yelling, "Help, I need some help." He came over asking if the lever was stuck and he tried everything to get it to stop. He handed the hose back over to me and he ran up to the gas station building and pushed the emergency shut off button. Yeah, the gas finally stopped. It seemed like it was going on forever which I think it had because now there was a small river of gas from me all the way to the building and down the gutter. The gas station lady came out asking the guy what he thought he was doing then she looked down and saw the river and started freaking out. She started to put up cones so nobody could come into the gas station to fill up, not like it would matter now that the gas had all been shut off. Then my nice helper started yelling, "Nobody light up, nobody light up." Anyway, it was pretty exciting and I was covered in gas meanwhile Mia is crying in the car and Hailey is screaming, "I need to pee let me out!" We are safe, got all our money back and got a free car wash! YEah!!!!

4 comments:

tere said...

Someone was looking out for you.

Sorry you had to go through that!

Kendrick and Hailey said...

I still can't believe that happened! Thursday night after we got home and were saying our couple prayer Kendrick said the prayer and said thanks for protecting you and your girls.:) We're so glad you're okay!!

Shaun and Maren said...

Goodness.. The things that happen to you :)

So I heard David and Colleen Mather are in your ward. Have you talked to them at all? David used to be in the nursery. Did Bub take his place?

Jennie Z said...

Scary! Glad you didn't all burst into flames.