Friday, June 24, 2011

Till We Meet Again!

My sweet Grandma Teresa is the sweetest lady I have ever known. We were never great at talking with each other because I was never good at speaking Spanish. Our language barrier never got in the way of my Grandma Teresa letting me know that she loved me. Although we were only able to see each other a few times, she left a lasting impression on me on how you should love someone. My sweet Grandma passed away this last week. I have been thinking about the last time I saw my Grandma; it was on my wedding day. My grandparent's made the trip from Mexico to come and be at my wedding. It was great to have my grandma clasp my hands between hers, and give them a kiss and tell me that she loved me, (of course my Grandpa Hector does the same.) That I always knew and will know forever. I have no doubts that she was a great Mom as well, because my Mom has turned out pretty amazing herself. I Love You Grandma, and I am happy to know, I will see you again some day-and maybe at that time, we will be speaking the same language.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Very sweet and touching. You are a great lady yourself.

hailey said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma Danielle! It sounds like there are some pretty amazing and loving women in your family, you included! We need to plan to get together sometime soon.:)