Monday, September 1, 2008

Double Wammy-no patient, no job!

One of my favorite people to hang out with, passed away last Sunday! My patient "JD" has put up a long good fight for the last 15 years. I am so glad that I got to work with him and get to know him and become a part of his family. It has been a difficult thing for a lot of people. Bub, Hailey, and I went to JD's viewing. I can't remember if I have been to a viewing ever before but I got really nervous. The last time I saw JD he was doing great, and then I received a phone call from one of my fellow nurses telling me that JD was now at LRH on life support until all family could say their goodbyes. I was in Utah county when I received the call so I did not have a chance to go and see him until his viewing. He looked great, and at peace! I was able to talk at his funeral services and all I can say is, "JD you are loved by many and have inspired us all. Love ya bud! It will be an amazing day when we all get to see you again and you will be able to talk, and walk, and play football again."

So now, I am on the such for a job! I know nurses are in demand everywhere but it seems like Logan is overflowing with them. I hate job searching!!! So for now, I am making dinner every night and getting to spend a lot of time with Hailey, that is a plus!

3 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

ohhh that was a nice write up of jd. glad that you were able to speak at his funeral and let others sit back and enjoy. wish that we could have made it to the pool with you the other day. this last weekend has really sucked...to say the least. we will have to get together here soon and do something else. oh and how about our ross thinger thing. sooner than later. okay?! luv ya!

Katy said...

I can keep an eye out for a job for you down in this direction.... ;)

Sorry you lost a patient, I am sure that is so hard, especially when you become so close to them.

tatum said...

danielle!! i can't believe i found you (thru Kristen's blog). how've you been? your fam is cute. remember when we used to walk Pugsley together?? haha so long ago. muah.